and Adolescent Violence Research at the NIMH
- Background information on the topic and information on
the National Institute of Mental Health programs and grants
related to violence in children and adolescents.
Counseling Guide to Children and Families in Disasters
- A lengthy outline from the New York State Office of
Mental Health covering this topic for both professionals and
the public. Sample school disaster plan, designing service
programs, and an extensive bibliography are included.
Bibliographies in Medicine 2000-8 : Youth Violence
- A lengthy bibliography prepared by the National Library
of Medicine in 2000. Resources are divided by topic, and
include a section of web links
- David Baldwin's
Trauma Information Pages
- focus primarily on emotional trauma and traumatic
stress, including PTSD (Post-traumatic Stress Disorder),
whether following individual traumatic experience(s) or a
- Disaster Mental
Health : Dealing with the Aftereffects of Terrorism
- A large list of resources from the National Center for
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder for the public and
Violence Against Women and Girls
- Discussion of issues and statistics from around the
world on this topic are presented in this report from the
United Nations Childrens Funr, Innocenti Research Centre.
Warning, Timely Response : A Guide to Safe Schools
- Full text of the report issued in August of 1998 by the
US Departmetn of Education.
to Literature on Aggressive Behavior
- A PDF file listing journal articles related to
aggression, organized by author last name.
- Resources from the Children's Defense Fund including
statistics, legislative reports, a toolkit for community
action, and links to other articles on the topic.
Health and the Media : Violence
- News, projects, and resource links related to the
influence of violence in the media on teens.
Role of Co-Occurring Substance Abuse and Mental Illness in
Violence : Workshop Summary
- Reports on the findings and recommendations from a June
1999 workshop sponsored by the Institute of Medicine.
Report on Violence and Health
- "The World report on violence and health is the first
comprehensive review of the problem of violence at a global
level. It focuses not only on the scale of the problem, but
also covers issues related to the causes of violence and the
methods for preventing violence and reducing its adverse
health and social consequences." Covers many types of
violence, including outwardly directed violence by
individuals or groups, and suicide. From the World Health
Organzation, published in 2002.