of Suicidal Behaviors and Risk among Children and
- Published in August of 2000, this is a 202 page PDF
document evaluating assessment instruments in use or
published since 1989.
- Autism Research Institute
- Information for researchers and parents.
Present Challenges, Future Needs - Why the Increased
- Witnesses prepared statements related to a hearing held
on April 6, 2000 before the US House of Representatives,
Committee on Government Reform. In pdf format, 485 pages.
the Increased Rates? A One-Year Update
- Witnesses prepared statements and testimony related to a
hearing held on April 25 and 26, 2001 before the US House of
Representatives, Committee on Government Reform. In pdf
format, 397 pages.
- Center for the Study of
- Information on autism presented includes subgroups and
related disorders, interventions and interviews with
researchers and people with autism.
and Adolescent Violence Research at the NIMH
- Background information on the topic and information on
the National Institute of Mental Health programs and grants
related to violence in children and adolescents.
- Good Practice in the
Treatment of Depression in Teenagers
- presented by The Australian Network for Promotion
Prevention and Early Intervention for Mental Health, this
website focuses on mental health promotion and prevention
across all ages of the lifespan.
- National Data Archive
on Child Abuse and Neglect
- Descriptions of datasets available for purchase to
researchers in the areas of child neglect and abuse, as well
as other resources for research.
- National Network for Child
- Over 1000 articles related to child care, newsletters,
and contact information to support the care of children.
- National Parent Information
- Resources for parents from the ERIC system of the US
Department of Education, including full-text articles on
many parenting and education topics.
- Positive Behavioral
Interventions & Supports
- Offers information about using positive behavioral
interventions to moderate children's problem behaviors in a
school setting in both English and Spanish. Includes links
to other resources.
- Resources for
Children in Distress from Boulden Publishing
- print publications, videos, and cd-roms for use as
counseling support with children and adolescents.
- School Psychology
- for Psychologists, Parents and Educators
Needs, Patterns and Difficulties of Adolescents: Summary of
a Workshop (2000)
- A detailed report of a workshop held in September 1999
by the Forum on Adolescence of the Board on Children, Youth
and Families to discuss current research on adolescents and
sleep, and the implications of this research for health,
education, and public policy.
- Surgeon General's
Conference on Children's Mental Health
- Contains a summary of all presentations at the Sept
19-20, 2000 conference, and the full text of the resulting
report. Suggestions for improving the identification and
treatment of children with mental health needs are
highlighted. An excellent list of web links is at the end of
Stock of Risk Factors for Child/Youth Externalizing Behavior
- Report in PDF format from NIMH, 137 pages
Associations, and Agencies|
- American Academy of Child and
Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP)
- public areas of this site contain information about the
Academy, its conferences, publications, and consumer
information. Professional information is in a members only
password protected section not evaluated for this list.
- ARCH National
Resource Center for Respite & Crisis Care
- Respite child care providers in the United States are
listed with contact information, along with fact sheets.
- Autism Society of
- Information about autism, the Society, news, research
activities, and more.
- Child and Adolescent Bipolar
- Provides information and support to families.
- Child and Adolescent
- This organization within the National Institute of
Mental Health promotes research on emotional, developmental,
and brain disorders in childhood and adolescence.
- National Association for Home