- Cancer News
on the Net
- Links to news sources for cancer information from USA Today,
MSNBC, and Yahoo News Headline
Matches. It links to many other cancer related sites.
- A gateway to recent and accurate information from the National
- Hardin Meta Directory
of Internet Health Sources
- A service of the Hardin Library at the University of Iowa this
is a directory that links to sites of quality.
- This site is a gateway to selected online publications, clearinghouses,
databases, and web sites.
Most of the links are to government agencies, associations and
- A comprehensive site with links to more than 400 Web sites.
It lists associations, foundations, societies,
publications, institutes and more. It is international in scope
and is organized by the Emory University
Health Sciences Center Library
- OncoLink, developed by the University of Pennsylvania Cancer
Center, offers comprehensive information
about specific types of cancer, updates on cancer treatments and
news about research advances.
Provides information at various levels, from introductory to in-depth.
Statistics for 2002
- Statistical publications of the American Cancer Society; Cancer
Facts & Figures 2002 (issues availalble
start with 1997), Cancer Prevention & Early Detection Facts
& Figures and Breast Cancer Facts & Figures
- Atlas of
Cancer Mortality in the United States: 1950-94
- Mortality data from the National Center for Health Statistics,
population estimates from the Census
Bureau and more than 250 computerized color-coded maps showing
variations in cancer rates.
- Cancer Mondial
- Data on cancer incidence, mortality and survival thoughout the
world provided by the International Agency
for Research on Cancer.
of Cancer Pain: Summary Report
- An independent evidence report prepared by the New England Medical
Center Evidence-based Practice
Center (EPC) under contract to the Agency for Healthcare Research
and Quality (AHRQ). The link to the
full-text of each volume is available at the end of the summary,
as is the phone number for requesting a
free print copy.
of Cancer Symptoms: Pain, Depression, and Fatigue Summary Report
- An evidence report prepared for the Agency for Healthcare Research
and Quality by the New England
Medical Center Evidence-based Practice Center. Information on
obtaining print copies free of charge is
available at the end of the summary. The summary contains a link
to the full report.
- National Cancer Institute News
- A site designed to help science writiers and reporters find
information about cancer research and the
National Cancer Institute. It has news releases and inks to many
agencies and sources of information.
- A listing of government-funded clinical trials in oncology,
being conducted by the various National Institutes
of Health at the Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center at NIH.
- The Official International
Calendar of Cancer
- A calendar of international cancer conferences
- WebMD has information of interest to consumers, nurses, physicians,
and other health professionals. It
contains information on diseases and conditions, drugs and herbs,
self-care, clinical trials, health and
wellness, and more.
|Consumer Health Information
- American Institute for Cancer
- A strong focus on prevention,education, diet and nutrition is
featured. This site offers news, research updates, recipes and
- NOAH (New York Online Access to Health) seeks to provide high
quality full-text health information for consumers that is accurate,
timely, relevant and unbiased. NOAH currently supports English
- Information on types of cancers with links to research, clinical
trials and treatment (both traditional and complementary). Information
on emotional and coping issues and access to support groups. This
is a proprietary site.
People With Cancer: A Handbook for Parents
- A guide for the parent of a young person with cancer. It addresses
some of the most common questions about cancer in the young, combining
medical information with practical suggestions. Special consideration
is given to the emotional impact of cancer on patients and family
- Four databases are available through CancerNet: Cancer Information,
ClinicalTrials (PDQ), CANCERLIT and Cancer Genetics Service Directory.
- Provides patients, family members and members of the public
current information about clinical research studies..
Guideline Clearinghouse - Neoplasms
- The National Guideline Clearinghouse™ (NGC) is a comprehensive
database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related
documents produced by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
(AHRQ) (formerly the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research
[AHCPR]), in partnership with the American Medical Association
(AMA) and the American Association of Health Plans (AAHP).
- Surveillance, Epidemiology,
and End Results (SEER)
- An authorative source of information on cancer incidence and
survival in the United States. Information on more than 2.5 million
cancer cases is included in the SEER database
- JNCI CANCER
- Tables of contents, abstracts and some full text back to 1999
from JNCI. JNCI Cancer Spectrum integrates the Journal with other
sources of cancer information, including abstracts and full text
from other journals, cancer statistics, and drug information.
Links to databases include Cochrane Review abstracts, antineoplastic
drugs from PDR, and PDQ Cancer Information Summaries.
on the Internet: oncology and hematology
- A listing, with links to the Web sites, of more than 150 journals
related to oncology and hematology. Many require a fee to access
the article. Site usability and quality varies.
England Journal of Medicine Breast Cancer Collection
- A collection of articles related to the topic of breast cancer
published in The New England Journal of Medicine since the first
issue of 1996. The full text of the Journal is available online
for all subscribers to the print version. Full text of Original
Articles and Special Articles becomes available to all registered
users six months after the publication date.