Associations, and Agencies|
- American Psychiatric Nurses
- Publications, conference information, legislation, and
job listings are included among other resources.
- Bazelon Center for Mental
- legal advocacy resources on mental health topics
- International Center for
- Background information on the clubhouse model of mental
health rehabilitation, the certification program, and a
directory of clubhouses around the world.
Psychiatric Organizations by Country
- An alphabetical listing of addresses, phone numbers, and
some email addresses maintained by the American Psychiatric
- International Society for
Mental Health Online (ISMHO)
- The Society provides a forum for the discussion of
online mental health resources, as well as standards,
education, and development of new resources.
Health Infosource: Association Address Book
- An extensive alphabetical list of associations, with
contact information and web addresses.
- Mental Health Net
- Under each Disorder or Information Center, there is an
extensive list of organizations, with ratings from 1 to 4
stars given by users of the site.
- National Alliance for the
Mentally Ill (NAMI)
- a large national organization of families and mental
- National Institute
of Mental Health (NIMH)
- Extensive information for the public, clinicians, and
researchers in English and some in Spanish.
- National Resource Center on
Homelessness and Mental Illness
- Features extensive bibliographies and links to other web
- Network on Mind
- An organization of researchers from multiple disciplines
whose purpose is the study of the effects of mental and
social processes on physical health. The website presents
biographies of members, research summaries, and links to
articles, books and websites of interest.
Index of Psychological Organizations
- organized into national, international, and state
- Substance Abuse and Mental
Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- ABC's of Internet
- a consumer's guide ot online therapy with links to
credential check, a site that verifies credentials of online
Questions and Answers about the Mental Health Parity Act
- Answers to the most common questions asked about mental
health coverage based on the Mental Health Parity Act of
1996. From the Center for Medicare " Medicaid Services.
- Handling Your
Psychiatric Disability in Work and School
- Help with approaching employers for accomodations to a
psychiatric disability, and explanations of how the
Americans with Disabilities Act applies. Also links to
information for employers.
- Help Center
- Advice on obtaining psychological help, information on
mental illnesses, and psychological help with family and
work place stresses from the American Psychological
Mental Health Care : What to Look for, What to Ask
- from the Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS),
SAMHSA, US DHHS
- "This booklet is designed to help mental health patients
and their families understand how and why medications can be
used as part of the treatment of mental health problems."
Available in html and pdf format. 40 pages, last updated
- Mental Health Net:
Self Help Sourcebook Online
- Resources for finding and founding self-help groups for
a variety of health and mental health conditions.
Health Resources : A Guide for Patients and Families
- A listing of books and Internet resources for consumers
on a variety of mental health topics presented by Healthnet,
the Connecticut Consumer Health Information Network
Institute of Mental Health: For the Public
- A collection of information organized by subject
produced by NIMH.
- National Mental Health
Consumers' Self-Help Clearinghouse
- Resources for finding help, starting self-help groups,
and political action.
National Mental Health Information Center: Pennsylvania
- Contact information and web links for state agencies and
organizations providing services or advocacy for consumers
- The Public We
- Information from the National Board for Certified
Counselors, Inc., including finding a certified counselor,
and what to expect from the client-counselor relationship.
Numbers for Health Information
- Numbers organized by health topic, including mental
- Computers in Mental
- from the Royal College of Psychiatrists, this site
features a database of software used in mental health.
- Dental Hygiene
- information on the PsycINFO database of citations to the
mental health literature and how to access it for APA
members and non-members. Pitt and UPMC users note that you
have access to PsycINFO through HSL Online.
- Databases to locate tests, test reviews, publishers.
Contributors include ERIC Clearinghouse on Assessment and
Evaluation, the Library and Reference Services Division of
the Educational Testing Service, the Buros Institute of
Mental Measurements at the University of Nebraska in
Lincoln, the Region III Comprehensive Center at GW
University, and Pro-Ed test publishers.
- PIE Online
(Policy Information Exchange Online)
- contains primary source materials on a wide range of
issues affecting mental health policy in North America.
Behavioral Health Headlines Database
- "Database information abstracts articles related to
public sector health and behavioral health services from
over 150 national, State, and local newspapers, trade
newsletters, professional journals, national and State
reports, and SAMHSA Tracking staff interviews with key
informants." Covers March 1999 to the present.
- Substance Abuse
and Mental Health Data Archive
- Multiple datasets and available on this site. They site
is offered by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services
Administration (SAMHSA) of the US government.
Psychiatric Association: Continuing Medical Education
- Overview, requirements, calendar of events, and
reporting CME are covered.
- American Psychological
Association : Continuing Professional Education
- information about CE requirements, links to approved
programs, newsletter for CE providers, and online CE
directly from the APA.
- APA Online CME
- Real Media presentations with audio and slides
originally given at American Psychiatric Association Annual
meetings, and text-based CME based on practice guidelines
are offered. Access is free with online registration, there
is a fee to get CME credit for the programs
for Evidence-Based Mental Health : Critical Appraisal
- Contains copies of forms for evaluating articles on
topic overviews, treatment, diagnosis, and prognosis. In pdf
- Current CME Reviews
- Online CME from MBL Communications. CME category 1
credit is offered in conjunction with the Mt. Sinai School
2 : Society for the Teaching of Psychology
- Division 2 of the American Psychological Association
offers multiple resources to support the teaching of
psychology. This page pulls together links to various
supsections of the division.
Health Inforsource: Association Meetings
- Meetings around the world listed by month.
- NIMH: News
- Presents a variety of scientific meeting and conference
- Psy Broadcasting
- Online symposia conducted via email offering continuing
education credits for a variety of mental health
- Virtual Naval
Hospital Information for Providers
- Under the section called Psychiatry, it includes secions
on selected psychiatric disorders.