Health: controlling or modifying those conditions, influences, or forces
surrounding man which relate to promoting, establishing and maintaining
health. Environmental Medicine: environmental factors that may impinge upon
human disease, and development of methods for the detection, prevention,
and control of environmentally related diseases. Scope Note. Medical Subject
Headings (MeSH), U.S. National Library of Medicine, 1997.
|Organizations, Associations, and Agencies|
- American Board of Preventive Medicine
- The American Board of Preventive Medicine (ABPM) is a member board of the American Board of Medical Specialties.
- American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
- The American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM) represents more than 6,000 physicians specializing in the field of occupational and environmental medicine.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Environmental Protection Agency homepage. Provides terrorism related information:
- EPA Response to September 11, includes monitoring data on air quality around the World Trade Center site
- Anthrax includes links to workplace safety procedures and decontamination technologies
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
- The Society furthers serious consideration of knowledge about the assignment of appropriate functions for humans and machines, whether people serve as operators, maintainers, or users in the system.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) is the Federal agency responsible for conducting research and making recommendations for the prevention of work-related disease and injury.
- OSHA - Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Information about OSHA, regulations, health topics pages, statistics, and news.
- The Faculty of Occupational Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians
- Information, publications, and links to U.K. occupational medicine resources.
- Electronic Library of Construction Safety and Health
- Provides a wide range of materials on construction safety and health. The goal is to improve safety and health for construction workers by making such information easier to obtain than in the past.
- EnviroText is an on-line searchable library that provides you with easy access to environmental laws, regulations, and guidance as well as Native American Treaties and Constitutions.
- National Agriculture Safety Database
- NASD is a national central repository of agricultural health, safety, and injury prevention materials for the agricultural community and especially for agricultural safety specialists.
- OSHA Regulations
- A searchable table of contents of 29 CFR - Standards
- This site is compiled by the National Library of Medicine and contains freely available databases of literature and chemical information on the topics of toxicology and environmental health. Links are available to current news and publications, tutorials and chemical information.