healing science and art concerned with the embryology, anatomy,
physiology and pathology of the oral-facial complex, (including
the teeth) and with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of deformities,
pathoses, and traumatic injuries of this complex. Stedman's Medical
Dictionary 26th edition, William & Wilkins, 1995.
- Adult and Pediatric Dentistry
- This site from Ask NOAH (New York Online Access to Health) gives links to adult and pediatric dentistry as well as information resources.
- Dental and Orthodontic Links
- "Includes links to the best of the ortho web, commercial orthodontic sites, sites for general dental equipment and supplies, university
sites, orthodontic meetings, journals, and other sources of orthodontic information."
- Dental Hygiene and Dental Technology Web Sites
- Large listing of sites compiled by Library Affairs, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois.
- Dental Related Internet Resources
- This site includes educational sites, associations, office management, mailing lists, dental practices, dental labs, general information, insurance plans, CE's, journals, magazines, and art.
- Dental Sites
- New York University - College of Dentistry compiled this list of dental sites from education to associations.
- Contains links to web resources for everyone, dentists, hygienists, assistants, and technicians.
- HealthWeb Dentistry
- A collaborative effort of the Galter Health
Sciences Library at Northwestern University and the HealthWeb project. This site has links to general dentistry, preclinical and clinical specialities, other dental specialities, and dental publications.
- Internet Dentistry Resources
- Lists dental categories to browse from case studies to government resources.
- Amalgam-Related Illness FAQ
- This site contains a frequently asked questions list and a link to articles about amalgam related illnesses.
- Centre for Evidence-based Dentistry
- Lists information on evidenced-based links, journals, tools, and more.
- Dalhousie University Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- A comprehensive site for oral and maxillofacial radiology.
- Dental Review Online
- Lists information on educational resources and how to search for a dentist.
- Dentist Info
- This site lists information for both dentists and consumers.
- Facial Modeling and Animation
- Images found at The Imager
Gallery Foyer, produced by members and affiliates of the Imager
Computer Graphics Laboratory.
- Fluoride Issues
- This site is an independent organization and contains information on history, law, links, medicine, news and nutrition related to fluoride.
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research
- This site has links to NIDCR, health information, news, and research funding.
- Oral Health in America: A Report of the Surgeon General
- This is a full page report from the Surgeons General's office on oral health.
- Postdoctoral Dental Matching
- Lists information on programs that are participating in the postdoctoral dental matching program.
- Procter and Gamble - Global Dental Resources
- This site contains information for both the professional and consumer.
- Sports Dentistry Online
- Information for dentists, patients, and coaches.
- A dentist search engine. This site includes a dentist search, what's new section, and dental references.
- Dental Industry Supplier Registry
- Manual compilation of dental suppliers enabling buyers to easily source manufacturers of dentistry equipment for dental labs, dental infection control and dental practice. Site includes new projects, free magazines, jobs, news and events.
- Individual Dental Insurance and PPO
- We offer quality dental insurance plans online, including individual dental insurance, full coverage dental insurance and affordable dental plan options for students.
- Affordable Dental Insurance and Individual Vision.
- Offers dental and vision insurance plans including
individual (personal) and family insurance plans online.
|Organizations, Associations, and Agencies|
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Lists information on membership, annual meetings, CE's, and dental fact sheets.
- ADHA - American Dental Hygienists Association
- The ADHA site has a classified section, information on CE's, professional issues and more about the association.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Contains information for parents, kids, teachers & nurses, media, training programs, software and AAPD publications.
- American Academy of Periodontology
- This site has links to what are periodontal diseases, FAQ's, finding a periodontist, and their journal.
- American Association of Endodontists
- This is a speciality organization of the ADA. Their site contains information about AAE, as well as information for the patient, member, or professional.
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Links to patient information, finding a surgeon, products and publications, CE's, and conferences.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Resources and information about orthodontics. Orthodontics "is the branch of dentistry that specializes in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of dental and facial irregularities."
- American Dental Association - ADA
- ADA provides links to electronic journals, consumer information, dental society
directories, event calendar, and news releases.
- American Dental Education Association
- This site contains meeting information, employment opportunities, and links to member institutions.
- National Oral Health Information Clearinghouse (NOHIC)
- This is a resource for patients with special needs. "Special care is an approach to oral health care that is tailored to the specific needs of persons with a variety of medical, disabiling, or mental conditions."
- The British Dental Association
- Provides links to media & parliamentary, BDA directory, dentists, public, and news.
- WHO Oral Health Country/Area Profile Programme
- WHO (World Health Organization) Noncommunicable Disease Division, WHO
Collaborating Centre, Lund University, Sweden "to present global information on dental diseases and oral health services."
- Biomaterials Properties Database
- Biomaterials Research
Center, University of Michigan, reports the properties of materials
that have been reported in the scientific literature including the
reference to the original source.
- ClinicalTrials.gov - Tooth Diseases
- From the National Institutes of Health, ClinicalTrials.gov lists all of the trials recruiting for patients with tooth diseases.
- Oral Health Database
- This database has information on patient education, fact sheets, brochures, and other educational materials.
|Teaching and Learning|
- Basic Periodontology
- Rolf Attström, Centre for Oral HealthSciences, Lund University, Sweden and Anders Nattestad,Palle Holmstrup, Faculty of Health Sciences, University ofCopenhagen, Denmark put together this site on the overview, treatment, and links to basic periodontology.
- Dental Hygiene Education
- Developed by Margaret J. Fehrenbach,
R.D.H., M.S., this website is a "case based learning file for dental hygiene
treatment plans"; patient education materials and resources
for continuing education.
- Oral Pathology
- This site created by William Crawford, DDS and the Center for Scholarly Technology, University of Southern California is an interative learning tool.
- Affordable Dental Implants, Veneers and Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dr. Sahabi is one of the top dentists in Glendale. He
provides his patients veneers and other implant dentistry and cosmetic